Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Any Regrets?

Where I live it was storming really bad today. I started to think to myself would I ever regret things I said no to. You know what I mean. That one time you didn't want to play that game with them. Or that time you were too tired to read a story to them. There are so many times we say no because we get caught up in our everyday life. By watching television or talking with our friends. Or doing something that interest us. These things should not matter more than our children or spouse. Before you know it things can change right before our very eyes. I should know! A year ago my family and I were out shopping. We had a great time and then went out to dinner. We thought we would go home and watch some movies as we would normally do on a Friday night. Well who would have known on that August night that our lives would change. My husband had a bad accident. We thought we were going to lose him. He luckily survived but was disabled for a few months. He was our main bread winner at the time. I was at a job that was going nowhere fast. We lost it all. He had to be taken care of. Life still needed to go on. No one cares about your personal life. They care about you coming to the office. They want to know they can depend on you. They could but not before my family. See after this happened to my husband I learned you cannot take any minute for granted. You must live each day and enjoy each day. You must always say "I love you". See our love is what has gotten us through all the things we were about to go through. We were about to lose our home. We were about to have our lives changed. Who knew that morning that our lives would change forever. We had to stay with family members. Our son had to change schools 4 times in one year. Our whole lives were changed and still are changing. So much has changed over the past year. We have had some really bad times. But the one thing that gets me through every thing. Is that I have a strong family base. My husband is loving and supportive and our son God Bless him is a true blessing. From a child who was able to get whatever he wanted to a child that now gets nothing at all unless it is necessary. He is my true light each day. So this is what makes me think of when he asks me to do something. No matter how much I may not want to. Or how much it does not interest me. I know that I have to try my best to do it. Because in the end he would do anything for me. All he wants is to spend time with me. All he wants is for me to show interest in what he finds interesting. So I ask will you have any regrets for times you may have told a loved one NO!

Next time a loved one asks you to spend a little time with them. Make sure you do. Make sure that you don't end up with regrets.

1 comment:

  1. you are sooo right, your insight is so powerful because of the issues youve had to deal with as a family,today I had to play frisbee with my boys...i hate it...until we start playing and we have so much fun but the motivation to get to that point sometimes just doesnt exist. thanks for sharing this story I am so glad that your husband is ok!

    ReplyDelete