Friday, July 17, 2009

Saying Goodbye

We have all been through heart breaks. We have all been through that first fight with our childhood friend. But isn't so hard to deal with when it is your child going through it? My son and his best friend have parted ways. After we moved my son and his friends all kept in contact. But recently he has noticed that his BFF has changed. I have to say I feel bad for my son because he is an only child and the only contact he has with his friends is through phone and Face book. But to see my son hurt because he had to break off a friendship really breaks my heart. You try to make them feel better. You try to guide them through it all. But in the end they are still too young to understand that they will go through worse. That they will get over this. But I have to say that I am proud of my son. He took a stand he handled it maturely. He stopped it from going any further. You see his friend had changed and apparently had been hanging with the wrong crowd. His language started to change. His actions became a little out of hand. But my son came to me with this and told me. I am proud to say seems as if I am doing a good job in raising him. He shed a few tears cause he knew what he was having to do. But he did it and didn't let anyone tell him different. He knew that this behavior was unacceptable and that we as his parents would not approve.

Have you experienced this with your child? Have you had to hold them in your arms through the tough times of growing pains?

Please share your story!

1 comment:

  1. I havent experienced a whole lot of it yet. Isaiah is my oldest and he is 7, but I know that eventually it will come. He came to you which really shows how much he trusts you. I hope he finds some new friends soon! sounds like he has a good head on his shoulders!!

    ReplyDelete