Monday, July 27, 2009

Growing Up

We find out we are pregnant and it is such a great surprise. Then we give birth to these beautiful bundles of joy. We watch as they grow and sometimes cry when we think back to memories of when they were toddlers. But now we look into their eyes and they meet you at eye level. They have their own opinions. They have their own taste. It is amazing to watch them grow. To see how they turn into their own persons. But it so hard to see them grow. I look at my son who is turning into a young man. I cry sometimes thinking of when I was still able to cradle him. I cry at the thought that soon enough he will not be a baby anymore. Almost a teenager I watch and hope to hold on to this innocence as long as possible. He makes me promises to always be the same. But we as mothers know the steps that are to come ahead. We know one day he will love another woman. We know one day he will not need us the way he does today or at least think he doesn't. It is so bittersweet. We want to see who they grow up to be and yet we want to keep them as our small children. But as my son always says no matter how old he gets he will still be my child!

2 comments:

  1. He is a blessed boy. I was thinking that today...my littlest son is too big to carry now. I dont know how that happened.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blog is very unique, I do practice this thanks….

    ReplyDelete